Friday, January 23, 2015

books


I love books. I love stories. I love great minds. Tender souls, sharers and revealers. I like to support writers. Buy books! Give them away! I don’t do it enough.

I bought my sister Dear Sugar by Cheryl Strayed last year and she finally read it on the plane out here. I love giving people books and it is even better when they read them!! And tell me about it!! 

Junot Diaz: “But if these years have taught me anything it is this: you can never run away. Not ever. The only way out is in.”
“The absolute safety of your soul will depend on whether you can find the community or the courage to bear witness to what has happened to you.”
I passed on The Brief Life of Oscar Wao, by Junot Diaz  to my brother in law who rarely reads from what I understand and he read it and talked about it with me!!!!!

I recently read Their Eyes Were Watching God, by Zora Neale Hurston.
Zora Neale Hurston: “Sometimes, I feel discriminated against, but it does not make me angry. It merely astonishes me. How can anyone deny themselves the pleasure of my company. It is beyond me.

I love reading women authors. I love reading Latino and Latina authors, African Americans authors. Tell me all about it. I want to know. Thank you for sharing your experience. So much is out there!!

I am too tired to have this wrap up in a brilliant way. Good night.

http://youtu.be/772YR4_rOBU


No comments:

Post a Comment