Thursday, January 22, 2015

Life dances on


So my sister is visiting from NY, which is amazing. I am so happy to have her here with the kids and the kids are so happy and we will have a great time. She asked me to get her at the airport and I said yes and then realized that it would be rush hour and I would have the two kids and they might melt or even worse fall asleep, which means they might get off schedule and not go to sleep at bedtime and then my itsy bitsy time to myself would get even smaller. Urg! Sometimes I think I LOVE and need schedules more than my kids.

So I called 75 people to see if someone wanted to make some cash and pick them up. I did not want to have her do a ridiculous expensive cab and I had never used those other services so I did not know if she would have to wait for someone to come, etc, too many variables. I wanted someone curbside for her like she always is for me, it makes a big difference after a long flight. Anyway, NO ONE could do it. I worked so hard and made so many calls and texts and thought of every person who might not be working and might need cash and I could not find a free soul. Then I somehow managed to just be in the moment and not fight it or dread it and so I packed a bunch of snacks and breezily went with the kids.

(Who knew my blog would get so domestic. That’s what happens with 2 kids I suppose. One kid you can get away with stuff, but two you are in the zone, no if ands or buts. I should have called this one domestic life dances on but I knew it would scare some of you away. By the way, it cracks me up how the Oscar posts get more hits than when my kids were born. Not everyone likes kids, I get that. But more people like the Oscars than kids? I guess so. To each his own….)

Anyway, my simple story tonight is that it turned out to be amazing. We got there fast, picked her and her pal up and we all got to hang out and talk and catch up on the long trafficy ride home. Her pal helped feed the baby when he got cranky since she was in the back seat and I had a lovely time. We got home and went to eat a delicious dinner and everyone was happy.

Simple. Sometimes things don’t turn out the way you expect them to. Sometimes they turn out way better. Sometimes you don’t get what you want and you get something better. Sometimes no one is available for a reason. I write this to remind myself.

not relevant to my story other than the first line, "hey little sister" but hell this is great http://youtu.be/ToH0Nw8G7Jc

No comments:

Post a Comment