Thursday, January 29, 2015

my first black tie


Tomorrow is my first black tie event. The Eddies, which is the American Cinema Editors big gala and awards. My husband is nominated. I have a fondness for this event because one year my husband was going and he had his tux and everything but the birth mother of my daughter went into labor and we had to go to the hospital and have a friend return the tux for us. 

Some things you might not know about me:

I did not go to my high school prom. I was so much cooler than that. I had a boyfriend in a hardcore band, dude. Prom!!?? I had the second highest grades out of all the seniors. The first highest was a kid named Randy, a nice smart kid. He bravely asked me to go but I told him I wasn’t going, not just with him, but not going at all.

I am late to yoga everyday for the last eight years. I do not even try anymore. I just accept. I have a hard time with organization.

I did not paint my nails for my wedding because I did not have time to. I brought the pale lavender nail polish to the site, but my friends did not let me put it on last minute because they knew better than me.

I am going to get myself put together tomorrow evening, somehow.
I got my Halston style black cotton long sleeve gown, which is very chic hippie. It looks great next to my husband’s tux. In a classic holly move, I have not tried the gown on with shoes or a slip. I will be doing that tomorrow, and forcing it to work. I have a sitter and hope to get a chance to fix my hair and makeup. I am hand sewing the slip as i type. it is almost finished.

Anyway, I will let you know how it goes, you can count on that.



No comments:

Post a Comment