Saturday, February 21, 2015

oscar related event, anyone?


Tonight I went to a super fancy Oscar related event. It was a cocktail party at a private home. Me, Tom, and Oprah sat on the couch talking and laughing while Common played jazz standards on the baby grand. Not. That is what I imagined it would be, but I was wrong.

I was more dressed up and grown up then I have ever been in my life. I wore a $30,000 ish diamond encrusted watch and a fuchsia raw silk floor length dress from India with mirrors embroided on the chest.  So glad I did because almost every other woman wore a black short dress with heels. The event was like a nightclub minus the joy de vivre of people loving music. The event was a power networking amazing gathering, just different from what I expected. This trip is so interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment