Sunday, February 22, 2015

The Oscars and WE. Oui.


Dear Friends,

What can I say? Thank you and I love you. Odd how this event is bigger than our wedding, but it is. It is televised for one thing, and millions of people are watching. Crazy. The energy is big, there is no way to minimize it.

We have dear friends watching our kids today and other dear friends hosting our kids in a sleepover tonight. Such kind brave souls. Thank you. It is only the 3rd time in 5 years that we are not with Nova overnight and the first time without Perry. I feel teary and miss them already, AND I also feel elated about 28 glorious child free hours!! 

Thank you to everyone. I am in awe of the generosity of so many people helping us out with clothes and jewels and time and money and childcare and verbal support. So much goodwill, it is incredible. Who knew the Oscars would bring out the best in everybody? All of your kind words of support and encouragement have carried me to this point and mean so much as we hobble across the finish line. I prepared almost everything last night so it should be smooth sailing. We are going to eat chocolate, our drug of choice, and have a great day and night. I plan to be in my body and enjoying the ride.

Thank you kind folk for all of the love, texts phone calls, emails and thoughts. You have been coming out of the woodwork in such a sweet way, sincere and touching way. It’s so odd, I am not even nominated and I am not an Oscar fanatic but this is very emotional. I am feeling you and carrying you all in my heart and representing you all, the Ramos’s the Reynolds, Inwood, New York, the lower east side, the moms and dads, family school, old friends and new…we are going to the Oscars! Oui. Jeepers, this reads like MY acceptance speech. Tune in tomorrow for the scoop…

Love, Holly

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to the both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. I write for Asian American and other ethnic publications. Would like to do a short phone interview with you both. Please contact today. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi, private message me, sugarcookied@hotmail.com.

      Delete