Sunday, March 15, 2015

never thought i would have this


Community

About 5 years ago I went to super doula extraordinaire Nancy Beyda’s house for a cool class for new moms and some dads. We sat on the floor with the babies and checked in on a topic, like sleep or eat. Then ate together and watched the kids develop as the months went on. Soon the kids outgrew the class and a bunch of us stayed in touch via email and saw each other at parks and birthdays.

Five years later my group of now dear dear friends was all invited to my son’s first birthday. I am in awe of how we have grown together and how we are all part of each other’s lives. Some of us see each other several times a week and some of see each other every 5 months or so, but we are all there for each other.

Today my friends gave me food to give my daughter when she got too hungry, they held my son so my arms could have a break, they took photos and videos of the cake moment, they brought the table and the shade tent for the event. They hung out with me and had fun.

And I held their son’s hand so he could squeeze it while bravely having his big scrape cleaned, gave them clean clothes when their daughter’s outfit got too wet to wear, checked with them if it was ok for the kids to have another cupcake, traded band aides, caught up and had a great day with my peeps.

I have such gratitude for my wonderful community that manifested all by itself. I did not look for it or force it or expect it or try. It came to me, already perfect. I am noticing that that is what happens in many areas of my life lately. Interesting to track. Thank you dear friends for being in my life, I love you all.

2 comments:

  1. You have a great blog! you should check out mine and let me know what you think in a comment! :) keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great blog! you should check out mine and let me know what you think in a comment! :) keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete