Sunday, March 1, 2015

the spiritual challenge of my life


oh man, I have to think of something to write? Here we go. 

I have a conflict in my life that is big and difficult. It is the spiritual challenge of my life. I tell you guys everything, I am a bloggermouth, but this is something I cannot write about for legal reasons and for the privacy of those it affects. So you must use you imagination about the hardest thing you have ever had to do. What I will say is..

I sought spiritual help and was given definite advice. I must choose peace. I must be in acceptance. It is what it is. I do not have to like it but I have to accept it and choose peace for my well being and my family’s well being. I can say I do not like it and it does not feel good but that is it. I must stop the judgmental chatter and let go of my version of the story, of the right and wrong etc, not out of censorship, but out of choosing peace. I have given my rage about the story plenty of voice and now it is time to find peace.

So I prayed to channel Martin Luther King and Gandhi and I got some guidance, but I realized that I do not know much about their actual theories in action. To choose non-violence in the face of war, internal or external, you must need a set of rules, a book of guidelines, a plan to fall back on when you are getting hurt and want to react and I have no idea what these techniques are.

I find it fascinating that we know of these great heros and their work, but the basic techniques are not common knowledge. I know and fully understand the “what” and the “why”, but not the “how”!!! I wonder why. I feel the need to spread information on the techniques. So, I am going to look into it, read their autobiographies, try to find out what was taught at the trainings before the marches, etc, etc. I will get back to you. Today I have no point, only a question. If anyone out there knows HOW, please comment, it will save me all the research that I do not have time to do anyway.

The only thing I can say is that as hard as this is, and man is it hard, I have gratitude for the struggle because it brings me gifts, it makes me a better person with more capacity for empathy, love and understanding. Eloquently, I sum it up as Urg and Ahhhhh!

I wish you peace in your greatest struggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment