Tuesday, June 9, 2015

everything ends


“ When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. ”
― Harriet Beecher Stowe

“When you are going through hell, keep going”  -Winston Churchill


I went through something once that I did not think I could survive. I was tested on every level for over 18 months, non stop, physically, mentally spiritually and emotionally. I lived in intense faith, that was the only way through the agony of the situation compounded by the rage about the situation. I did not have acceptance, it was way too big for that, for me anyway. I was not sure I would make it through, I practiced prayer and meditation daily as well as making room to process my feelings on a daily basis. Even with that structure, it was hard. I practiced daily actions of doing the next right thing, I got up, I connected with human kind, I did my spiritual practice at all costs and I cried on the phone to friends and strangers, whoever could hold space for me and be my witness. I had many doubts that I could survive it. I did not think I was going to die so much as break under the burden. I never thought it would end. I would scream and beg for it to end but it went on and on. Then one day it ended.

After it ended there was less pressure, but still a lot of residual issues. It was not like it was a clean and perfect ending and then everything was back to normal. Overtime though things subsided and did indeed go back to normal and then normal got better than ever.

Life is great today and there will be more challenges and more greatness.

No comments:

Post a Comment