Sunday, June 28, 2015

more role models, please and thank you


Growing up and becoming the woman I wanted to be was no easy task, so few role models, so many obstacles. All I know for certain is that all transformation is possible and you can indeed become anything you want to. I am fascinated by the darkness I experienced in my life and my capacity to love and trust and feel joy and forgiveness despite it.  I am shocked by the heavy suitcases I carried for so very long and inspired by the fact that I put them down. (most of them, most of the time).
It helps to have an ideal, and a roadmap helps, a vision and a concrete plan.
Luckily, the role models are increasing and women have so many more choices and options.
I write ths to remind myself, you can be anything you want to be. It may not be easy but it is absolutely do able (and it may be easy too). Put down those heavy suitcases, those resentments, those ancient limiting beliefs based on misinformation, those negative attitudes. You can do it. I believe in you. Life is so good. Love yourself, people, and don’t be afraid to do the work, because if not you, then who?



No comments:

Post a Comment