Friday, June 26, 2015

“My liberty depends on you being free too” -President Barack Obama at Clementa Pinckney’s funeral



It is almost impossible to write today on such a big news day. Marriage is now legal for all consenting adults. Hallelujah! Also this week, Obamacare was upheld by the Supreme Court and the confederate flag is being taken down from government buildings in many places. We are in a time of radical shift and it is beautiful. I will write more about all of this as I digest it but for today I will leave you with the president’s P O W E R F  U L eulogy today at Clementa Pinckney’s funeral. It is eloquent, consoling, touching, powerful and fiercly political as he acknowledges the confederate flag issues, racism, and gun control issues in such an appropriate manner. I am floored. My hope is that everyone watches the whole speech, not just the part where he sings, which is also amazing!

The struggle is normal.
When you are going through hell, keep going. 
All of the hard work matters and pays off, sometimes even in your lifetime, sometimes not in your life time. Keep up the good work brothers and sisters.
I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment