Thursday, August 6, 2015

life and death, anniversaries and dreams.


This week the 70th anniversary of the two atomic bombs dropped on Japan, including today, the day Nagasaki was bombed. I have no words in the face of such violence. sending peace and respect to all, especially the victims and survivors and their families.

Today is also the 50th anniversary of the voting rights act. Things matter and time notices.

Today is also the anniversary of my daughter’s adoption finalizing, which is personally quite historic to me and completely joyous, a dream come true. Big stuff. 

Last night I wrote about Nagasaki and I dreamed that our country was being attacked by Japan, and I knew that I was going to die and I said (and felt) “I am not afraid to die, I am happy and lived my life well and I am present for this.”

I had recently read one of these internet lists of famous people’s last words and I was impressed with how many people felt beauty and acceptance and excitement and wonder at the brink of death, so that has influenced me. But, yep, I was with my family and I was fearless. I hope I can manifest such acceptance in real life one day far far away.

Goodnight people, clearly I need some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment