Saturday, August 8, 2015

nothing to say but thats ok


my brain is mush

I wrote about Nagasaki a few days ago, on the eve of the anniversary of dropping the bomb there. The next day I mentioned it again as it fell on the same day as my daughter’s adoption day (the anniversary of her adoption finalizing), August 9th. Both days I vaguely noted problematic issues about the dates. Like some news outlets were saying it was the Hiroshima anniversary, which was clearly wrong. Then my mentioned to me that it was not my daughter’s adoption day…..i was baffled….

The problem was that I was looking at a july calendar and I thought the 9th was Thursday, but the 9th has not even happened yet. I told my daughter it was her adoption day and then I had to tell her that it was not her adoption day. I explained that I had made a mistake. Her gift did not come on time because even though I ordered it to come on time, it came later than the day I thought was Aug 9th. Man, I was so off the mark. The good news is that the gift did come on time for her real adoption day and all is well.

Anyway, I wrote this because it is evidence of how overloaded, sleep deprived and chaotic I am right now, things can get so crazy so fast. I just need some sleep, some space and some peace. I am trying….I wish I had something profound to say....
its ok to make a huge mistake in published writing and in your personal life, nobody died. 
It is better to write and make mistakes then to not write and get it perfect. I have always preferred flawed substance with heart over technical perfection. If you know me at all, you know that I have always been consistent on that on. Perfectionism is a soul killer, a stopper of the process and a bad excuse (loved by FEAR herself). Tune in tomorrow, if you dare.


No comments:

Post a Comment