Sunday, November 22, 2015

47: singles going steady


I listened to my three singles, the vinyl 45’s put out of my band Fur. It was interesting to hear them for so many reasons. I have one of those Cosley turntables right now, as our real turntable broke a while back and we just got the cheapy one just to have it and they sounded really crappy on that player. They are lo-fi, but recorded on 16 track tape and sound pretty great okn a real sound system. So it made me realize that I need to get a proper set up again.

The songs are pretty great. Ones I expected to not like so much I really liked. I am crazy for my phil spector style Christmas recording that really has not gotten the attention it deserves and I am figuring how to get in up on you tube. The lyrics are better than i remember in that they stand up to time and, the melodies are really catchy. It is fun to visit the past as I am trying to figure out my songs for my new band. Life is fun, explore everything, there is so much out there. 

this song was not released as a single, it was on the full length...

No comments:

Post a Comment