Tuesday, December 8, 2015

grief


“Nothing you love is lost. Not really. Things, people—they always go away, sooner or later. You can’t hold them, any more than you can hold moonlight. But if they’ve touched you, if they’re inside you, then they’re still yours. The only things you ever really have are the ones you hold inside your heart.” - Bruce Coville

Nick Alexander’s sister posted this beautiful quote. Nick is my friend who was killed in the Paris night club terrorist attack. Less than 4 weeks ago. I am still moving in and out of grief, which is normal because it is a long process. I bother to mention that because it is not something I hear spoken about very often and one can try to rush through or cover over grief, since it is unpleasant, but  the only way through it is to feel it. Some days I feel like I am moving through heavy glue, I feel stuck and depressed and it sucks and I move through it, dragging my heavy feet. It is a drag. the price of being human and having a heart. It changes.

I think of Nick daily. I was so touched when his sister contacted me and informed me that Nick had recently made a top 10 list  of his favorite songs and I was on the list with my song Kiss Like a Waterfall. I don’t know what else to say……I makes me really happy and really sad at the same time. Ultimately really happy, but bittersweet.

Don't fight it , feel it, even when it is a drag, you are saving your own life. 

Step up and do your creative projects. Just do it.  You never know who you might touch. Sometimes it is just one person and that is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment