Sunday, December 13, 2015

Pioneers of erotica (via Paper Mag)


I love and appreciate pioneers of all kinds. As I say again and again, the first one through the wall always gets bloodied. And yet they still do it!! Human spirit! Pioneers blaze trails that we all get to enjoy. Pioneers crossed America and hacked their way through rough terrain so we could one day drive from atlantic to pacific. I am always in awe of the energy that takes (creating a mountain pass??!!) I like to think of myself as a pioneer in my family, changing the neural pathways, exploring new routes, going where no one has gone before. And yes, that takes much hard work.

I am also in awe of the underground, my home for many years. Today I am just going to share this link from Paper Magazine on the 10 most important erotica pioneers, an educational and entertaining read. http://www.papermag.com/vintage-erotica-1465004814.html The article includes a bunch of links. I recommend the Jean Genet short film of gay erotica, Un Chant d'Amour. It runs 25 minutes and is the only film he ever made.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHgb9_1LkWo Stunning. See you tomorrow enjoy the weekend.

Do what you need to do. Be a pioneer. Show someone the way by going first.
Xh

No comments:

Post a Comment