Sunday, March 27, 2016

good friday


Good Friday, the day Jesus died. I grew up going to catholic school and learning the whole story. I like myths and alagories and history. I like stories of transformation. The idea of dying and coming back is a great symbol of some of the struggles we go through in life, of letting go of something, an idea about ourselves, a feeling (like hate), a relationship that doesn't serve us, or a story we are clinging to. When we let go of the limiting belief or problem, or whatever, when we let it die, there is pain, but then we move through it into something better. 

The one version of a popular prayer says "it is in giving that we recieve, it is in pardoning that we are pardoned, It is in the dying of self that we are born to everlasting life." Dying of self strikes me as letting go of ego, opening to the higher eternal self. That is the way I see it.


I appreciate holidays, tradition, honoring some universal type thread, even if it is imperfect. Religion is problematic as hell, but there are a few kernels of wisdom to be gleaned. Let it go. Xh

No comments:

Post a Comment