Thursday, March 17, 2016

so much happens in 24 hours!!

Update: Thank you. The horror has been lifted after some trauma release work and I am not in agony!!!!!!! Ah, sweet peace and comfort in body and mind, may we all know it.

Today I drove my new Highlander, that seats 7. Yep, it is a reality once you have two kids you gotta go bigger for a few years. Luckily my carbon foot print has been so tiny for the last half century. We bought it through our corporation. Yes, we are incorporated and I am such a grown up it is CRAZY! Life is remarkable. All transformation is possible.

Just to keep it interesting, I will leave you with this: Yesterday my daughter found an injured baby bird that had presumably fallen out of the nest. It was incredibly stressful to me because I was unable to help it. I had read online what to do and called 311 but there was no real help I could offer short of driving it to a vet, which was impossible. it was also stressful because the kids were so interested and I did not want them to touch it and they both wanted to get so close. I was still incapacitated by trauma and they were pretty crazy too after a course of events. I was so uptight and stressed and controlling and fragile. I felt like I could break in half and it was hard to rein them in. I told them that the thing to do was to leave it until its mother cam back and helped it back to the nest, which was true, but which might not happen for various reasons.

Every time a neighbor passed my daughter would run over to them and tell them the whole story and about how we were waiting for the mother to come back. She was over excited and talking in a loud voice that was going through me like a knife in my delicate state. I so wanted her to stop and speak softly. I felt so stressed and wanted to control her loud excited jumpy bursts whenever anyone came by.

And then this happened: She told a neighbor and the neighbor compassionately said "can you show me?" right then I knew that this woman had the time and energy and care to do whatever needed to be done, unlike me, who cared but had no other capacity. I breathed a sigh of releif. My kid told her how we were waiting for the mother to come back and the woman said, "I'll come back and check on it in a little while". Finally I got the kids in for dinner and there was a knock on the door and the woman was there telling me how she was driving out to the wildlife rescue place and telling me everything they told her and asked me if i had a syringe to give it water, which I did.

The best part was that I got to praise my girl for spreading the word and saving the bird! She did it, despite me. It doesn't get much better than that.

xH

now lets listen to me, ohh i love that piano sound:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3cIBiXQZgQ

No comments:

Post a Comment