Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Swag and sleep, if you are interested

So two transatlantic flights and one all-nighter over the course of  three days and here is the aftermath: we got back to our room around 5 and had to pack all of our stuff up plus around 40 new lbs of swag, including a Carl Lagerfeld Chanel book, rose smelling lotions, cappuccino cups, a haul of chocolate, perfume, two journals, a few souvenirs and whatever I am forgetting. The champaign had to be gifted.

By the time we fit it all into our carry-ons (I avoid checking at all costs) and got ourselves presentable enough, we went down for breakfast and awaited our car. I slept at the breakfast table; I stumbled into the car and slept for an hour; and had just enough energy to get through security and get on the plane. I was asleep before we took off and woke, 7 hours later, to eat a snack and watch tv in my lovely bed seat, having some tea and crackers with jam while cuddled up with my pillow and blanket. Not bad.

Then it was ON: we were home and I was in full mom mode. Hanging out, giving gifts, going out for ice cream because it was my daughters birthday(!). Somehow, I got everyone fed and to bed and I went to bed at 11 and slept till 7:30. After I got everyone off to school I went back to bed for another 4 hours and one hour of reading in bed. That alarm was one of the hardest of my life. But I got up, what choice did I have? After rounding everyone up I let the kids watch tv, which is super rare on a weekday, and I slept another hour, then we ate dinner and I got them into bed and fell asleep with the them around 8 pm. I think that was the first time I have ever done that.

I hold very precious the few hours after they go to sleep and I get to have a calm clear mind and my life to myself more or less. I really need that space each and every day, but alas, the grandness of sleeping for 11 1/2 hours just might be better. Not sure. Anyway, it wasn't a choice. I woke in there for about for two minutes and stumbled into my bed and was out till 7:30am. I got everyone off to school and stayed in bed again, reading and getting another hour of sleep before picking them up today.

That puts me at sleeping for 33.5 hours and resting for another 7 (40.5 total) in the last 54 hours. I need to that more. I also happened to have a low grade fever and a stuffed nose.

Alas, the price we pay! I am so lucky to have been able to rest up after everything. I haven't had the little guy in school before October, so past events, gigs and vacations have never come with a resting period, which is so very necessary. Life is great what can I say other than...

What a drag it is getting old. But not that much of a drag that I won't be doing it all over again in a week and a half in LA. See you there, babies!


https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9FUdjYOuEUQ


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The additional weight on your stomach can keep your stomach from doing its work appropriately and can cause your breathing from being unpredictable. Anti snoring devices

    ReplyDelete