Tuesday, February 7, 2017

The f*ing dress part II: the perfect dress!

I am so beat up by the whirl wind of events. My show was great but I need a recovery day afterwards and instead Tom had to go LA for the Oscar nominee luncheon. So I got left with the kids and no break. I tried to get a sitter but no one was available. (Whatever). We had a great time at that event two years ago. Anyway, it is a magical event and I am glad he went. He sat with Isabelle Huppert. I was fine missing it, I wish I could have gone but it's all good. Right now the main thing on my mind is that I just want to sleep. I never get to just sleep. It's looking like no sleep till London. We'll see. I am keeping this short and simple and going to bed.

I saw THE PERFECT DRESS, vintage Halston, from the 70's. I saw it on a the site I bought my Oscar dress last time. It would be perfect on me. But it was SOLD. I inquired to make sure there, or to see if there was any way. There wasn't. D R A T S!!!!

So I decided to get someone to make me something similar and I was quoted $3000!!!!!!

I can still look for a tailor. It will take some dialing but it is doable, but I am not sure I want to go down that road now. It will take time, a lot of time, to find the right fabric, tailor, and then the actual fittings, sewing... and it is still a gamble, not a given that it will work.

I did custom that I designed for my wedding and at some point I realized the dress just might come out looking like a school play costume and it was too late to turn back. It all worked out in the end but I was ready to just wear any old thing in my closet if the custom did not turn out right....and I am not so sure I am up for the thrill of the gamble these days.

Anyway, I took a few actions with good intentions. I bought something on etsy for cheap that might be reworkable. Waiting for it to come. Then I ventured to Brooklyn to scour the vintage stores and possibly find something I could repurpose into something close to the Halston, and, well, a whole course of events unfolded that I will have to tell you about tomorrow...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I-P_MDXq_oY

No comments:

Post a Comment