Wednesday, February 8, 2017

the f*ing dress part III: my dress may get snowed in

So I head to Brooklyn and call a friend to see if I can stop by and say hi. The pal lives on the other side of  town from the thrift shop I was going to. There was no logic in the move. I didn't have the time to make the stop or hang out, but I did it. I never hang out with friends when I have a free hour during the day. NEVER. I have so much that I need to do and so little free time. Nonetheless I walked to her place and on the way I passed a really great high end vintage place, Amarcord, that used to be in the east village, that I absolutely adored back in the day. It was not open yet. I had a really good feeling about it. I visited my pal and headed back to the shop, only to find that they only had two floor length pieces. I tried them both on.

One was a 1990's Tom Ford era Gucci that fit really well. It is super simple, almost like a black t shirt dress. I think I love it. I bought it. It is being hemmed right now, so I will know more when I try it on...

The Gucci and the old Oscar dress are both at the tailor. I was going to wear the old one to the BAFTAS in London this weekend. I was supposed to pick the dresses up tomorrow, on Thursday. As of right now NYC schools are closed tomorrow due to the impending snow storm. They have already called it a snow day. (Whatever happened to getting up and checking the radio?) the storm is supposed to be bad. I am not sure if I will be able to get the dress tomorrow. Hopefully before we fly on Friday, otherwise I don't have a dress to wear on Sunday.......

No comments:

Post a Comment