Thursday, April 6, 2017

I LOVE New York


Day 1. Landed in nyc. Left our bags in our giant loft on the Bowery (ours for 2 days) and went to eat 10pm dinner with the kids at Odessa. Ran into two peope I know. Hugs. Happy to be home. Living the dream!

Day 2. Woke up to a rainy day, could not be happier. Hot coffee and the NY Times in bed. Living the dream!

Day 3. The Puerto Rican style New York accents of the administrative team at my daughters public school make me cry out of nostalgic no-longer-homesick joy. Living the dream!

Day 4. Moved into our West Village Prewar, (ours while we're here) with an elevator, a juilette balcony with a view, a dishwasher, a great view and a tiny parisain elevator. Could jump for joy typing these words. 

Day 5. Saw my mother and my sister! Living the dream!

Day 6. Had to call a guy and asshole. It was annoying to have to do that but joyful to do it. He needed to be shot down, as he was being inappropriate. Living the dream!

Day 7. Finally got to my beloved Coney Island with old friends, including a pal from the anarchist days, who I had not seen in decades. It was cold and grey when we left so I did not bring my suit or towel, but it got hot so of course I had to swim in my underwear, classic style. Could not be happier. Living the dream!

Day 8. Family day. So very happy to be here with everybody. Living the dream!

Day 9. Saw two rats. Living the dream (LTD)!

Day 10. Dojo is still there! Not on Saint Marks, but the other location is still around. I’d often crave that food, long for it. Over the last several years I would make a point to go there when we got to town twice a year or so, but then I would always change my mind and not venture over, not want to eat greasy food. Anyway, we got there. It was better than ever.  LTD!

Day 11. Went to Dojos again. Joy. LTD!

Day 12. Integral yoga natural foods is still there! The only vegetarian healthfood store in nyc. I am not vegetarian, but I love the quality of the food. LTD!

Day 13. Our elevator is the size of half a yoga mat. The outer door is heavy and bangs shut. The inner door is heavy and needs to be manually opened and closed in a very physically demanding way. The NY grind is real. I don’t care. Living the dream!

Day 14. Bed all morning in the half assed way you can with kids. Made decaf espresso and spinach fennel lemon juice. Glorious! This is the first time I have ever had a juicer. I always wanted one but was dissuaded by friends who told me they are a lot of work to clean. They aren’t. They are so easy to use and clean! Better late than never. Walked the Highline. LTD!

Day 15. Saw Kathy and Jimmy! Brunch with the family at Mogodor! Ran into Jesse! My son got hysterical at family Yoga because the teacher blew a Jewish horn and he got scared on some primal level. I carried him down five “please be quite” signs, down 5 stories while he howled bloody murder- poor, massage clients, meditation students and fellow yoga practitioners. Oppsy. LTD!

Day 16. Cut my knuckles on the brick wall opposite the heavy elevator door that I swing open with all my might. in new york, even when you have an elevator, it is a grind. LTD!

Day 17. Old friends are amazing! LTD!

Day 18. New Friends are amazing! LTD!

Day 19. Did I mention that groceries are 3 times what I used to pay. 3 times! Dealing.

Day 20. Village Natural restaurant is still there! LTD! An old friend used to work there in the early 80’s and she told me that a woman she worked with would arrive at work and put on tons of make up before each waitress shift and my friend would think to herself, “Oh honey, don’t bother. No one cares. Everyone here is gay or vegetarian or both” Ah the classic West Village vegetarian types, in my heart forever.

Day 21 and 22. Out of town for the weekend. LTD!

Day 23. The apartments I pass and peek into are mindblowing. Need to win lotto. LTD!

Day 24. Did I find a diamond? What?! LTD!

Day 25. Sometimes just the slant of the sun or the way a stoop looks makes my heart jump with joy. LTD!

Day26. Souen!

Day 27. Angelica’s kitchen!

...Front row bleecher seats for the Thanksgiving Day Parade, Christmas trees and seeing the Christmas windows, the museum of natural history whale, the central park zoo snow leopard, the Bronx zoo camel rides, playing a couple of shows, a retrospective of my  over a quarter century long music career, snow days, protests, pottery, toasting marshmallows in our fireplace, living the dream, nyc style….

Yep, I got to come home and stay in nyc on someone elses dime for a fat chunk of time and it was so sweet. and i got to show my kids everything i saw and loved a s a kid, which was priceless. I really am in awe of the gift ad so very grateful. 

these months flew by. i didn't even get to see everyone. (if i didn't see you, dont take it personal, i have a two year old and don't get out of the house that much)we leave in a few days, which is going to really really really hard to so. i love new york.


https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s8oMyxqYseM


1 comment:

  1. It is indeed true that lottery spells are real for more than 4 years i have been active in playing the state farm lottery amongst others and had only won once and it was a small win. I came across posts of how spell casters help with lottery wins and i decided to give it a try but still no luck until a friend gave me the email address of Dr Zadson just 6 months back after i contacted him i was given some instructions and i adhered to them and in the last 5 months i had won over $7,000,000.00 in all on several occasions and this was too wonderful a miracle to be quite about and i decided to tell the world of this great ambassador. Contact him with details below for immediate and active lottery spells and have your own testimony
    Email : eduduzadsontemple@yahoo.com or +1240-892-4311

    ReplyDelete